KPMG’s ASEAN Scholarship is a new scholarship program for South East Asia students established in 2015 as the first regional scholarship for young undergraduates looking to get a head-start in their careers with a professional services firm.This program is supported by the KPMG offices in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
At the heart of KPMG are our people. We are constantly on the look-out for bright and talented people like you, because we know you have the potential and the ability to change the future for the better. Your dreams and your ambitions will have a place to flourish at KPMG because we are interested in stretching your potential and accelerating your professional success.
As a KPMG ASEAN scholar, you can look forward to diverse learning and development opportunities and cross-border exposures through a structured program which consists of three pillars:
- Professional Development
To help you build core competencies and skills and develop professionally through induction program, structured internships in regional firms and mentorships by Partners, amongst other people development initiatives.
- Strategic engagement
To help you build breadth and depth of knowledge across sectors and borders through interactions with KPMG leaders who will share valuable insights about their careers and outlook of the various industries and countries.
- Social connection
Be part of the dynamic ASEAN network where you will get to know and interact with fellow ASEAN scholars who will be future leaders in different KPMG firms.
What are the requirement to apply for ASEAN scholarship?
To qualify for the KPMG Scholarship organized under the Indonesia-Industry Scholarship scheme, you must be:
- A self-motivated achiever with a consistent and strong academic track record of excellence in either:
- Achieved minimum UN total score of 51 (average 8.5 for each subject), with a minimum English score of 8.5; and
- University GPA of at least 3.50 (out of 4.00)
- Embarking on your first or second year of studies at a local tertiary institution for a degree in Accountancy or Business
- Actively involved in co-curricular activities either in school or in the communityA strong leader possessing an ASEAN and global mindset
- An excellent communicator who demonstrates a high degree of initiative, maturity and enthusiasm
- Self-confident and have the determination to succeed.
And of course, you must possess a passion for life and a desire to pursue a career in audit, advisory and/or tax.
Click here for further information.